It contains a stimulant, Theobromine, which can affect the central nervous system and the heart muscle.
Symptoms include hyperactivity, agitation, excessive thirst, breathlessness, diarrhoea and vomiting.
It often surprises pet owners to discover thatfor animals, chocolate is poisonous in sufficient dosages. Specifically it is the drugs in chocolate, theobromine and caffeine (of the drug class methylxanthines), that are toxic to pets. Only a moderate amount needs to be eaten by an animal, typically a dog, in order to be poisonous
My dog is a very fussy eater - what would you recommend for him?
Fussy eaters approved our peanut bones, bears and woofies.
They get a “paws up” from even the most picky paws!
Is there anything suitable for puppies?
Our peanut bones contain only 3 ingredients; peanut butter, oats and wholemeal flour and are suitable for tiny tummies and larger tummies alike.
They are also easy to break into smaller pieces for our smaller customers.